Thank you for joining us for the May Pals Blog Hop and our annual retirement party! It’s time to say goodbye to stamps and accessories that will not be available in the new 2013-14 Stampin’ Up! catalog. Although it’s always sad to see wonderful products retire, it is exciting to think about all of the new products that will soon be available. So enjoy the farewell tour for our favorite retiring products – and remember you have until June 3rd to order from the retiring product lists.
You should have just left stop number 10 on the Pals Hop –Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
“Elements of Style” (#118611 – wood, # 120045 -clear) is one of my favorite stamp sets. I have made this card on numerous occasions, for beginner & advanced classes alike. This is a beautiful toile design that looks good in any color combination. All cards start with the same base and are constructed in the same fashion; I just used different colors. I used either Basic Black, Real Read or Not Quite Navy card stock & ink. (Not Quite Navy is a color that is also retiring due to the Color Refresh.) Sometimes I would emboss the background layer with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder # 119976 for added texture. The sentiment is part of this set and circle punches make easy work for the sentiment. A satin ribbon pulls the whole project together nicely. Yes, I am going to miss Elements of Style from the new catalog, but….I’ve already seen the new catalog and there are a whole lot of new stamps that soon will become my new favs!
If you would like a PDF file of specific instructions to make this card, please leave a comment for me telling me color you like best and then head over to facebook and “LIKE” my page.
The next stop is Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps, stop number 12 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Amy Williams at Stampin’ on the Range
- Kathleen Law at Craft With Kathleen
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kari Linder at Stampin’ Essentials
- nicole watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought…Cards by Amy
- Leslie Davis at Life’s Moments
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin’ and Stampin’
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin’ Affair
- Shirley Sumption at look at my cute stuff
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Barbara Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Elaine Fleming at Studio Elaine
15 thoughts on “May Pals Blog Hop”
Your cards are beautiful, so glad I found your site.
So Pretty! Love all the different colors.!
I too love this stamp set. I’ve made it in many colors and still use it often. Your cards with it are beautiful.
Ack! This is gorgeous in every color! I was late buying this set and now am SO glad to have it after seeing this–toile is my absolute FAVORITE design, and I knew I loved this set for some great reason–thanks for showing me what it was! I’ll be making it in black first…simply coz it will look lovely framed in my room! Gorgeous!!
I love this stamp set…and love how you double stamped with it and love the colors! TFS~!
I love this stamp set and it will staying in my collection. Great job!
Beautiful cards, Nancy!
Such a lovely card and the different colors are beautiful. One of my favorite stamp sets will be sorry to see it go. Eleanor.
love seeing this in different colors.
Beautiful. So nice to show how elegance can also be quick! TFS
Love this technique. Your cards are very elegant.
This is my absolute all time favorite set. Your cards are stunning!
I love this set as well, and am going to miss it so much!
Lovely – in every color! This is such a great technique!
Nancy, your cards are so pretty! Love seeing how the design looks in several different colors. I will miss Not Quite Navy, but I’m loving the new colors 🙂 Have a great day!
Comments are closed.