Thank you for joining us for the May Pals Blog Hop and our annual retirement party! It’s time to say goodbye to stamps and accessories that will not be available in the new 2013-14 Stampin’ Up! catalog. Although it’s always sad to see wonderful products retire, it is exciting to think about all of the new products that will soon be available. So enjoy the farewell tour for our favorite retiring products – and remember you have until June 3rd to order from the retiring product lists.
You should have just left stop number 10 on the Pals Hop –Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
“Elements of Style” (#118611 – wood, # 120045 -clear) is one of my favorite stamp sets. I have made this card on numerous occasions, for beginner & advanced classes alike. This is a beautiful toile design that looks good in any color combination. All cards start with the same base and are constructed in the same fashion; I just used different colors. I used either Basic Black, Real Read or Not Quite Navy card stock & ink. (Not Quite Navy is a color that is also retiring due to the Color Refresh.) Sometimes I would emboss the background layer with the Square Lattice Embossing Folder # 119976 for added texture. The sentiment is part of this set and circle punches make easy work for the sentiment. A satin ribbon pulls the whole project together nicely. Yes, I am going to miss Elements of Style from the new catalog, but….I’ve already seen the new catalog and there are a whole lot of new stamps that soon will become my new favs!
If you would like a PDF file of specific instructions to make this card, please leave a comment for me telling me color you like best and then head over to facebook and “LIKE” my page.
The next stop is Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps, stop number 12 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Amy Williams at Stampin’ on the Range
- Kathleen Law at Craft With Kathleen
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Kari Linder at Stampin’ Essentials
- nicole watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Lynn Hoyt at Cattail Designs
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Amy Lazzell at Just a Thought…Cards by Amy
- Leslie Davis at Life’s Moments
- Kim Czenszak at LiveLoveStamp
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Debbie Mageed at Scrappin’ and Stampin’
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards.com
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Julie Trevett-Smith at The Stampin’ Affair
- Shirley Sumption at look at my cute stuff
- Debbie Crowley at expressivelydeb…
- Barbara Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Elaine Fleming at Studio Elaine