Welcome to the July Pals Blog Hop. This month we are featuring a New Hues Review. Let the new Stampin’ Up! In Colors for 2014-16 inspire you – With 28 bloggers participating, we hope you will find great inspiration from our creations! Let me start by introducing the new colors to you: Blackberry Bliss, Lost Lagoon, Mossy Meadow, Hello Honey, and Tangelo Twist.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
When the new 2014-2016 In-Colors were introduced, I immediately fell in love with Blackberry Bliss. Paired with Hello, Honey, it became a color combination I reached for over & over again (thanks in part to the new Moonlight DSP Paper stack).
See what I mean about this color combination? And the Moonlight DSP? Don’t you just love the Blackberry Bliss ribbon as much as I do? I used the new “Work of Art” stamp set for these cards.
While I really was getting mileage out of these two colors, I had somewhat neglected the other colors. So I created the next card purposefully to expand my horizons and reach for other colors. I used Hello, Honey, Tangelo Twist and Lost Lagoon in this card. Ok, so maybe I didn’t reach too far because it still uses Hello Honey as a primary color but at least I did resist the urge to pair it with Blackberry Bliss! Instead I choose Tangelo Twist with an accent of Lost Lagoon.
This card features heat embossing and emboss resist as well as a watercoloring technique. It uses the new “Bloom with Hope” hostess stamp set. The sentiment comes from “A Dozen Thoughts”. The flower was heat embossed using Versamark ink and White embossing powder. My aqua painters were used to create the watercolored background and to color the flower. The ribbon is Lost Lagoon and I have to tell you how much I love this new 3/8″ Stitched Satin In-Color ribbon; I have already used an entire roll of Blackberry Bliss Ribbon and Hello Honey Ribbon! That’s alot of ribbon! But thank goodness, I can still buy more – oh, don’t worry! I already have. I’m on my second roll of each of those colors!
Please let me know what you like about my projects and don’t forget to tell me which of the new colors is your favorite color! Thanks for stopping by My Stampin’ Space today. If you want to order these products, or any others, please stop by my on-line and shop securely. Just click on any hi-lighted item above or click on any item in the table below. Thanks!
The next stop is Susan Itell at Simple Stampin on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Susan Lankford at Stamp and Create With Susan
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Amy Hoptay at inkingofyou.com
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space —YOU ARE HERE!—
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Donna Kopenski at craftycardmaker.wordpress.com
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Cheryl McAskill at A Stampin’ Holiday
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- September Gray at Septembergray.com
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Amy Williams at Stamps and Spice
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
14 thoughts on “New Hues Review: 28 projects to get your creative juices flowing!”
Wow, I love that watercoloring with the emboss resist technique! Spectacular Nancy!
Pretty cards and love the way you showed off the colors with bows!
Absolutely Gorgeous, Nancy!
Thank you, Patti! I appreciate your taking the time to tell me.
Lovely cards, all three. I really love the emboss-resist with that flower, though, and your coloring is superb!
Terri: The coloring on this is super-easy thanks to the aqua painters! It was lots of fun too!
Super cute projects Nancy!
Thank you, Rae!
So pretty! These new in-colors are so much fun to play with!
Yes, Debbie, the new colors ARE fun to play with!
As much as I like the top two cards, your last card is the best!! Great combination of colors and design, Nancy! well done!
Katy, thank you – I can just hear your encouragement coming thru my blog post! I appreciate your kind words 🙂
Great cards, Nancy! I love that water colored flower.
Thank you, Dawn!
Comments are closed.