Welcome to the May Pals Blog Hop. This is the first hop on our new day – the 2nd Wednesday of the month. Before we celebrate the release of the new Stampin’ Up! catalog next month, we want to take time to say goodbye to our favorite retiring products. This month we are showcasing projects that feature stamps or accessories that are retiring along with the 2013-14 Idea Book & Catalog on June 4th.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie Stop #4 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog.
The sentiment comes from the stamp set “My Friend” which will be retiring. I just love the swirls in the lettering! Who wouldn’t enjoy getting a card in the mail with such a pretty, swirly ‘hello’. I heat embossed the sentiment in Early Espresso on top of a watercolor technique background of Midnight Muse, Gumball Green, & Summer Starfruit. All of these colors are 2012-2014 In-Colors which means they are retiring also. A piece of Summer Starfruit baker’s twine adds another pop of color. The panel was popped up using Stampin’ Dimensionals onto a piece of Midnight Muse Cardstock. The card base measures 5-1/2″ x 3″ which means it needs a custom envelope! The envelope punch board turned a piece of In-Color DSP into a custom envelope in a jiffy!
I made the same panel again but this time, I placed it on a Gumball Green card base. Which do you like better?
I love these three colors together; blue, green & yellow are color families that just pair so well together. Now, I have to admit that I did not like Summer Starfruit when I first saw it. But the first time I paired it with Gray, my mind was changed in a heartbeat! I just love Summer Starfruit and Basic Gray together.
Tell me what you think when you see these colors together. Don’t you just love it? I’m so sorry to see Summer Starfruit go! “So Sorry” is another stamp set that is retiring also. I’m also sorry to say ‘good-bye” to this stamp set too. It’s been my go-to stamp set when I’ve needed to make a sympathy card, a get-well card, or just plain apologize for being a blockhead!
So, there are many things that we are saying good-bye to, but you can still get these items while supplies last before they retire forever at the end of the month.
Check the retired lists here: (Heads Up: Many items have already sold out. )
I hope you enjoyed my projects, and if you want to order these stamp sets, ribbon, or anything else from Stampin’ Up! please visit my on-line store.
Thanks for hopping with the Pals today. The next stop is Sue Becker at RnR Stamping Stop #6 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting and I hope to see you next month.
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Debbie Pierce at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space – YOU ARE HERE!
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Michelle Quinno at Shell’s Life
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Amy Lazzell at Just A Thought…Cards by Amy
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Katie Ferguson at Cottage Paper
- Colleen Mollema at Uncanny Crafting
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Marlene Heringer at So Many Toys So Little Time
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery
- Kelly DeTommaso at Kelly’s Creative Corner
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works by Shannon
- Christie Crosby at Stampin’ Creativity
- Kalyn Shubnell at Stamping Chronicles
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Maxine Conrad at Stamp to the MAX!
- Donna Kopenski at Crafty Cardmaker
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings