Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for July. This month we are excited to show off the new 2015 – 2017 Stampin’ Up! In Colors, namely, Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron, Tip Top Taupe and Watermelon Wonder. The In Color products include card stock, designer series paper, ribbon and other embellishments. We hope you find great inspiration from the projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Susan Itell at Simple Stampin, number 9 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
I have to confess that every year when the new In Colors are introduced, I get a little anxious wondering what they be like. There is a courting period, if you will, when I take the time to get the know the new colors. What colors pair well with other colors, do the colors stand alone, or do they need to be used in combination with other colors? Where do they stand in our color palette in relation to the other existing colors? I really feel like I need to spend some time with each of these colors to truly appreciate each one. Does that sound weird? Or do you do the same thing?
Well, for this blog hop, I was determined to make a project that used ALL 5 of the new In Colors.
I wanted to make a project that was a little special too. I think the money holder fits the bill (and the bills fit inside the money holder too!) Too many times presents consist of gift cards, but sometimes cold, hard cash is king! So I adapted a gift card holder that I love to make, to hold cash.
I used Tip Top Taupe cardstock for the money holder base, and the brand new Envelope Paper also in Tip Top Taupe for the snazzy woodgrain patterned paper on the face. The star of the show really is the new Cotton Paper in Watermelon Wonder for the flower. This is the first time I’ve used the Cotton Paper, and I LOVE IT! I see many more flowers in my future! The flower center is created from Delightful Dijon. The leaves are cropped from Cucumber Crush cardstock using the Fun Flower punch. Finally, the little flag featuring the sentiment is cropped from Mint Macaron cardstock.
Tomorrow I’ll have all the details on how to make this money holder, including measurements and step-by-step directions, so be sure to stop back. Sign up for my newsletter, and you’ll also get my blog posts delivered to your inbox so you won’t miss a thing.
The next stop is Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles, number 12 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Beth Beard at My little craft blog
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Brian King at Stamp with Brian
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space —YOU ARE HERE —
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Amy Whelan at Amy’s Inklings
- Natalie Bradley at Natalie Bradley Events
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery
- Kimberly Sparks at Stampin’ Daisy
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Shawn de Oliveira at Shawn Stamps
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
Thanks for stopping by, come back again and hang out at My Stampin Space. See you soon!