Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for May where we are preparing for the retirement of some Stampin’ Up! products. Though it may be goodbye to some very loved supplies, it will make room for the much anticipated new catalog products. We hope you enjoy the Pals’ creative projects.
You may just be starting the blog hop or may have come from Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie, Number 28 on the Pals Hop. If you get off track at any time, the full lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all the projects.
Since today’s blog hop features Out With the Old, we are saying goodbye to our favorite retiring items. I will be sad to see ALL of the 2013-15 In-Colors go. I also am sad to say ‘good-bye’ to Bloom with Hope. It is such a beautiful, sketched flower set with lovely sentiments for Birthdays and Sympathy. I don’t know about you, but I think making Sympathy cards is one of the most touching things we card-makers can do. And when you can’t seem to find the right words, this set features a sentiment for the inside as well:Although my project today says farewell to this set, don’t expect me to part with it anytime soon though; it is staying with me for quite a while. Sadly, we are also saying good-bye to the Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon. Actually we are saying good-bye to many colors of the Seam Binding Ribbon. This is truly one of my most favorite ribbons ever. It is so soft & flowing, and drapes so well. It also makes the best double loop bows ever. See what I mean?Simple is all that is needed for a sympathy card. I used the watercolor swish from the Perpetual Birthday Calendar stamp set in Crumb Cake ink for the background. The bloom and the sentiment were both stamped in Baked Brown Sugar ink (already sold out) 🙁 on a Very Vanilla panel cut to 3-3/4″ x 5″. This panel was wrapped with the Crumb Cake Seam Binding Ribbon (this is sold out too!) and a double loop bow was added. This panel was popped up on stampin’ dimensionals onto a standard 4-1/4″ x 5-1/2″ card base for some dimension. Quick & easy right? Please stop back later in the week and I’ll share a video showing how to make the double loop bow. The seam binding ribbon will still be available; just not in the Crumb Cake color.
Please leave me a comment to tell me what you think of this card. Also please tell me what YOUR favorite item that is going to be retiring; you know, the one you just can’t part with. Then hop along to see what the rest of Pals have created with their favorite retiring item.
NEXT: No.30 – Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Becky Volpp at Inkblossomwithbecky
- Sue Becker at RnR Stamping
- Candy Ford at Stamp Candy
- Lisa Pretto at InkBig Academy Stamps!
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Pamela Sadler at Stampin Pink Rose
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts By Patti
- Natalie Bradley at Soirée by Natalie Bradley
- Karen Hallam at Karen’s Stampin’ Habit!
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stamping Serenity
- Kerry Willard Bray at Peonies and Paper Chains
- Amy Hoptay at Inking of You
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Michelle Gleeson at StampinMojo
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Angela Curry at Kindred Stampers
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Denise Hoepfner at The Mountain Magpie
- — YOU ARE HERE —Nancy Gleason at
My Stampin Space— YOU ARE HERE —
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Lynn Kolcun at Stamping With Avery’s Owlery
The next stop is Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles, number 30 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting; I hope to see you on next month’s Pals Hop!
If you want to order any of the Stampin’ UP! supplies I used to make this card, hurry on over to my on-line store and get your favorite retiring items before they are gone or click on the quick link in the table below.