Welcome to the Pals Blog Hop for December; we are thankful you stopped by. This month we are showcasing projects that feature Stampin’ Up! products that should be on everyone’s wish list. We hope you enjoy our creations.
You may just be starting the Blog Hop or may have come from the previous link from the Line-up on the Pals Blog Hop listing shown below. The full lineup will help you move along from blog to blog so you may see all the projects.
My project features the Holly Jolly Greetings stamp set and a classic winter color combination of white with blues.
The white is hard to photograph so that the picture does the project justice. Let’s try another background:
Hard to see, but this card features 3 layers, yet it is made from just one sheet of cardstock! I like to feature quick & easy cards this time of year. I showed the gals at my first ever Sip & Stamp class the other night how easy it is to make this card.
First, I cut an 8-1/2″ x 11″ sheet of Whisper White cardstock in half to create the card base. Then I cut a 4″ x 5-1/4″ piece which we ran thru the Big Shot with the Gently Falling embossing folder. Lastly I cut another piece 3″ x 4-1/4″. On this layer we stamped the background snow flakes with Lost Lagoon ink several times in the upper right corner. On top of this we stamped the bold snowflake in Island Indigo ink. We mixed and matched words to create whatever sentiments we wanted on the lower portion, again in Island Indigo ink.
The finishing touches included tying a 3/8″ Lost Lagoon ribbon around the top layer. The top layer was adhered to the embossed layer using stampin’ dimensionals, then glue that to the card base. (The ribbon is retired but is available on our Clearance Rack – SCORE!) We had our choice of Iced Rhinestones or Metal Rimmed Pearls to embellish the snowflake.
Did you notice that I used one of each on the two cards above? Pay close attention and you’ll see that I even have two different sentiments, too!
Thanks for visiting. To continue with the hop, please refer to the Blog Hop Line-up below. We hope to see you on next month’s Pals Blog Hop!
- Nicole Everitt at Stamp Scrap Love
- Nancy Gleason at My Stampin Space —YOU ARE HERE! —
- Tricia Chuba at ButterDish Designs
- Maggie Mata at Maggie Made Cards
- Beth McCullough at Stamping Mom
- Jane Knudsen at see jane stamp
- Jackie Diediker at Stampin’ Jackie
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin
- Kim Jolley at Stampin’ Artfully
- Lynn Kolcun at Avery’s Owlery
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Katy McGloin at Just Fun Stamping
- Peggy Noe at prettypapercards
- Jennifer Michalski at Stampin’ Serenity
- Ronna Butt at www.cardstockcastle.com
- Kalyn Shubnell at The Stamping Chronicles
- Shawn de Oliveira at ShawnStamps
- Becky Volpp at InkBlossomwithBecky
- Wendy Klein at Doggone Delightful Stampin’
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Rae Harper-Burnet at WildWestPaperArts.com
If you’d like to order any of the supplies used here to recreate this card yourself, click here to go to my online store.
Thanks for stopping by. Leave me a comment and let me know which embellishment you like best; the pearl or the rhinestone.
8 thoughts on “Pals Blog Hop: Winter Wishes”
Hey dinner buddy! I love your card and website. Kuddos to you!!!
Thanks, Jeanie! I’ve been thinking ’bout you!
Lost Lagoon is so great mixed with the white! This card is just lovely 🙂
Striking! Love the white on white with the touch of Lost Lagoon.
Beautiful. I love this look of white of white with a touch of color, and Lost Lagoon is one of my favorites.
The raised (embossed) snow is awesome in the background. The big snow flake becomes sort of 3D. Very nicely done!
Your card is stunning, Nancy!
So very lovely, Nancy! CAS perfection!
Comments are closed.