Thank you for joining us for the August Pals Blog Hop. Even though it’s only August we want to provide some inspiration for your upcoming holiday projects. This month’s blog hop will showcase new products from the 2013 Stampin’ Up! Holiday Catalog. We hope you enjoy seeing how we use the new stamps, new punches and other accessories!
You should have just left stop number 14 on the Pals Hop – Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat. If so, you are in the right spot. If you get off track, the full blog lineup below will help you move along from blog to blog so you see all of the amazing creations.
“Merry Little Christmas” (#131826-wood, #131829-clear) was a stamp set that went straight to the top of my wish list my first trip thru the 2013 Holiday Catalog. Why? Because it’s part of a bundle! Anytime I see a product bundle, I know that A) the products will coordinate well together, and B) I’ll save money!
This catalog is full of kits, great for the busy crafter! This stamp set comes bundled with a card kit for easy card-making without a lot of fuss and includes everything except ink & adhesives (basic supplies you probably have on hand).
For this card, I used a gray, red & green color combo. There’s a layer of Smoky Slate card stock, then a layer of Real Red followed by a piece of DSP (retired – I am bound & determined to use as much of my retired DSP as I can!) . The image is stamped in Real Red onto Whisper White cardstock. I then stamped the image again on Whisper White using Gumball Green and snipped out the ‘little’ banner using my paper snips and popped it up on stampin dimensional. The little bit of grey behind it offset gives it some flair. The finishing touch is the Gumball Green ribbon.
The next item I had to have were the Expressions Thinlits Dies #132171. I loved the font and the size of each word. Check out the spread on pages 10-11 in the catalog for some great ideas with this die.
These two cards were whipped out in minutes! (Thanks to the Pals for the great tip about using wax paper to help get the cardstock out of the die! – No thanks to my family for leaving an empty roll in the wax paper box in my cabinet and not letting me know we were out! – But that’s a different story!)
Red Glimmer Paper and Silver Glimmer Paper and punches created the designs. (The Mosaic Madness punch and a line of mini pearls makes a great ornament, don’t you think?) Need a quick card that you can mass produce but doesn’t cut corners on cuteness? These thinlits will get the job done for you! Another reason I like this set – it spans 3 holidays. Plus I could see using the Love sentiment for more than just Valentine’s Day.
You can order any of these products from me. Just click here to go directly to my store and start shopping!
The next stop is Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog, stop number 16 on the Pals Blog Hop! Thanks for visiting – and I hope to see you next month!
- Colleen Mollema at My Crafty Habit
- Peggy Noe at Pretty Paper Cards
- Lisa Ann Bernard at Queen B Creations
- Angie Blake at Angie’s Musings
- Debbie Mageed at Secret Stamper
- Diane Roberts at Score at Four and a Quarter
- Barb Furlong at The Love of Stamping
- Mary Fish at Stampin’ Pretty
- Debra Simonis at Deb’s Stampin’ Grounds
- Laurie Chilton at Stampin’ Ink
- Penny Nichols at Sierra Stampin!
- Amy Williams at Stampin’ on the Range
- Shannon Jaramillo at Ezpeasycards
- Nicole Watt at Pixel Maven’s Retreat
- Nancy Gleason at MyStampinSpace
- Beth Beard at My Little Craft Blog
- Linda Callahan at Stampin’ Seasons
- Patti MacLeith at Papercrafts by Patti
- Sherrie Gross at Stampin’ Sunshine
- Kerry Willard Bray at Stampgoodness
- Brian King at Stamp With Brian
- Nicole Picadura at Scraps & Stamps
- Kim Czenszak at Live Love Stamp
- Rae Harper at Wild West Paper Arts
- Michelle Gleeson at Stampin Mojo
- Shannon Hokanson at Paper Works
- Dawn Tidd at Tiddbits from Dawn
- Lynn Kolcun at Stampin with Avery’s Owlery
- Susan Itell at Simple Stampin’
- Martie Pollard at The Crafty Bandit
Thanks to the talented Nicole Watt for creating our blog hop badge and buttons! This month’s badge and buttons feature the most excellent color combo featured in the Winter Frost product suite: Bermuda Bay, Coastal Cabana, Island Indigo, Pool Party and Smoky Slate.
And thanks to you for stopping by My Stampin’ Space today. If you liked what you saw, please leave me a comment or sign up for my mailing list. Please come back again! See you soon!
9 thoughts on “August Pals Blog Hop”
Love the festive colors! Thanks for sharing. 🙂
Great holiday cards. I have the thinlits-I would like to CASE your “Merry” cards. Thanks for the inspiration!
Love this card! So crisp and clean…with a great pop of green in your banner!
Love the classic colors and design. Beautiful.
Love your pretty cards! Perfectly done!
I totally agree with you….when I saw the catalog – this was one of the tops on my list! Super job!
These cards make me feel festive and ready for the holidays!
love the layout of the top card and the popped up sentiment.
Bright and festive cards for the holidays!
Comments are closed.